Does happiness subsist?
How can you say that someone is happy?
What are the parameters of being happy?
When will you know if you found hapiness?
Why should you be happy?
These questions are running from my mind for some time now. I don't know why... But I really feel numb. I can't feel anything. There's something missing and I wanted to identify this alien numbness that I felt starting in the last semester of my college life... I have some explanations about this but it's not enough. On the other hand, it was not everyday that it happens in me, it comes and go, and back again.
What is emptiness? Why is there such things like being numb? As the days passes by I was able to handle it by myself alone. Moving on with my life. it never stay but it comes back to you. Even though your surviving step by step, meeting a lot of people, learning new things, staying happy instead of burning yourself in the burdens of your heart. I still never understand it. So, I try to realize things and think possible reasons why this unfamiliar sentiment occurs in my life. I begin researching about it, analyzing events whereas i felt mad emotions. Before we go on with this subjects, I must answer my question of what emptiness is.
Emptiness... hhmmmnnn?? Some say that emptiness is a mode of perception, a way of looking at experience. It adds nothing to and takes nothing away from the raw data of physical and mental events. You look at events in the mind and the senses with no thought of whether there's anything lying behind them. This mode is called emptiness because it's empty of the presuppositions we usually add to experience to make sense of it: the stories and world-views we fashion to explain who we are and the world we live in. This explanation comes from a buddhist and explains it in the way guatama buddha thinks. but when you try to reflect on it, somehow it really is a factual explanation.
Say for instance, that you're meditating, and a feeling of anger toward your mother appears. Immediately, the mind's reaction is to identify the anger as "my" anger, or to say that "I'm" angry. It then elaborates on the feeling, either working it into the story of your relationship to your mother, or to your general views about when and where anger toward one's mother can be justified. The problem with all this, from the Buddha's perspective, is that these stories and views entail a lot of suffering. The more you get involved in them, the more you get distracted from seeing the actual cause of the suffering: the labels of "I" and "mine" that set the whole process in motion. As a result, you can't find the way to unravel that cause and bring the suffering to an end.
But the most important realization I have in the writings of that buddhist is I was forgetting something in my life. It was I who moved away with the foundation of my happiness which leads to my dreams and goal in life.. I excluded my self in the real world because I felt depressed, frustrated, criticized and hurt. I was the one to blame of what is happening in myself. I forget the importance of my religion. I forget everything I am. I was forge by myself.. I was the suspect of my own crime and fatality!
" Haizt.. Ginuo! ako lng man gali ay!".. well, that's life, you'll never gain something unless you lose it.. So that's the end of it.. Somehow I knew why I became my fake self.. I'll move on with it, but i can't promise myself i'll be contented.....
How can you say that someone is happy?
What are the parameters of being happy?
When will you know if you found hapiness?
Why should you be happy?
These questions are running from my mind for some time now. I don't know why... But I really feel numb. I can't feel anything. There's something missing and I wanted to identify this alien numbness that I felt starting in the last semester of my college life... I have some explanations about this but it's not enough. On the other hand, it was not everyday that it happens in me, it comes and go, and back again.
What is emptiness? Why is there such things like being numb? As the days passes by I was able to handle it by myself alone. Moving on with my life. it never stay but it comes back to you. Even though your surviving step by step, meeting a lot of people, learning new things, staying happy instead of burning yourself in the burdens of your heart. I still never understand it. So, I try to realize things and think possible reasons why this unfamiliar sentiment occurs in my life. I begin researching about it, analyzing events whereas i felt mad emotions. Before we go on with this subjects, I must answer my question of what emptiness is.
Emptiness... hhmmmnnn?? Some say that emptiness is a mode of perception, a way of looking at experience. It adds nothing to and takes nothing away from the raw data of physical and mental events. You look at events in the mind and the senses with no thought of whether there's anything lying behind them. This mode is called emptiness because it's empty of the presuppositions we usually add to experience to make sense of it: the stories and world-views we fashion to explain who we are and the world we live in. This explanation comes from a buddhist and explains it in the way guatama buddha thinks. but when you try to reflect on it, somehow it really is a factual explanation.
Say for instance, that you're meditating, and a feeling of anger toward your mother appears. Immediately, the mind's reaction is to identify the anger as "my" anger, or to say that "I'm" angry. It then elaborates on the feeling, either working it into the story of your relationship to your mother, or to your general views about when and where anger toward one's mother can be justified. The problem with all this, from the Buddha's perspective, is that these stories and views entail a lot of suffering. The more you get involved in them, the more you get distracted from seeing the actual cause of the suffering: the labels of "I" and "mine" that set the whole process in motion. As a result, you can't find the way to unravel that cause and bring the suffering to an end.
But the most important realization I have in the writings of that buddhist is I was forgetting something in my life. It was I who moved away with the foundation of my happiness which leads to my dreams and goal in life.. I excluded my self in the real world because I felt depressed, frustrated, criticized and hurt. I was the one to blame of what is happening in myself. I forget the importance of my religion. I forget everything I am. I was forge by myself.. I was the suspect of my own crime and fatality!
" Haizt.. Ginuo! ako lng man gali ay!".. well, that's life, you'll never gain something unless you lose it.. So that's the end of it.. Somehow I knew why I became my fake self.. I'll move on with it, but i can't promise myself i'll be contented.....
No comments:
Post a Comment